Legacy Permits is a one stop shop for transport permits, certifications and other related services. We offer a comprehensive USDOT application service in and around Ontario. USDOT application through Legacy Permits is a simple process. Just give us a call and get started on the fast lane. We will complete all the paper work for you and process the application as soon as possible.
Our experienced staff will review your application thoroughly for any errors or incompletion before submitting it for USDOT number. We also provide other certification and state registrations like New York Hut Permit, New Mexico Permit, Kentucky Permit, Oregon Permit IFTA Decals, IRP Plates, CVOR, Company Incorporation, PAPS/ PARS Stickers. We also provide consultation regarding the compliance and qualifications you may require from government to operate your transport business.
For any further information and clarification, feel free to call us at 647-704-0187 or email us at email@example.com. Our friendly and knowledgeable consultant will be happy to help you in your enquiries.
What is a USDOT Number?
A USDOT number is an identification number issued and used by the FMCSA and Departments of Transportation to track and monitor a company's safety record.
Who Needs It?
A USDOT number is required for any company that owns or operates a Commercial Vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 10,001 lbs or more, transporting Cargo or a vehicle transporting 9 or more Passengers in Interstate Commerce. It is also required on any intrastate carriers hauling hazardous materials which require a safety permit.
There are states that require USDOT numbers for all commercial motor vehicle registrants such as: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Once you are required to have a USDOT number, knowledge of what classification and scope of authority your particular type of business operates in and what cargo classifications describe your commodities is important.
- The scopes of authority are Interstate (crossing state lines or hauling cargo intended to cross state lines) and Intrastate (hauling cargo within a particular state's borders).
- The classifications for a USDOT carrier are mostly Private, For-hire or Exempt For-Hire. However, there are other classifications listed on our form such as Private Passengers- (business), Private Passengers- (non-business), Migrant, U.S. Mail, Federal Government, State Government, Local Government, and Indian Tribe. It is possible for a company to be listed with more than one classification.
- The Cargo classifications are listed on our form for you to choose from. If your commodity is not listed simply select other and type in what commodities you are hauling.
Failure to register and obtain the USDOT number and operating your business without one can subject the carrier to civil penalties including:
- A $500.00 fine per occurrence for operating without registering for an interstate or intrastate DOT number pursuant to F.S. 316.3025(3)(d) (2).
- A $50.00 fine per occurrence for operating a vehicle without the DOT number displayed pursuant to F.S. 316.3025(3)(a).
What are you waiting for? Call Legacy Permits at 647-704-0187 now and our consultant will help you in registering USDOT in a hassle free and in shortest period of time.