Effective June 22, 2020, DriveTest Centres will reopen for G1 and M1 knowledge tests, driver’s licence exchanges, and commercial driver road tests at select locations. Many part-time Travel Point locations will begin reopening later in the summer.
In order to limit the community spread of COVID-19 as we reopen DriveTest Centres, driver examination services will be gradually restored in 3 phases in the weeks and months ahead. Phase 1 of our 3-phase service resumption plan is in effect as of June 22, 2020.
The safety of our customers and employees is our foremost priority. We are limiting access to 43 DriveTest Centres based on the applicant’s birth month to support physical distancing measures, health checks and enhanced sanitation measures to limit the potential spread of COVID-19. List of DriveTest Centres offering Inside Services based on a rotating birth month schedule.
Please note, all customers and guests will be required to bring a face covering to wear inside the centre and during road tests, sanitize their hands when they enter the DriveTest Centre and undergo temperature checks before road tests.
All visitors will be required to complete a health screening questionnaire prior to entry into the building. If you are feeling sick, have travelled outside of the country in the last 14 days (exceptions will be made for commercial drivers) or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 you will not be allowed inside the Centre and must visit at a later date. Access to public washroom facilities will be available. With the new requirements for physical distancing and enhanced sanitation, we ask the public to be patient when visiting DriveTest Centres and Travel Point locations. If you do not need a driver’s licence immediately, please consider waiting to visit a DriveTest Centre to help maintain physical distancing and reduce crowding at the Centres. The Ministry of Transportation has extended the validity of all driver and commercial licences – no one will lose their licence as a result of COVID-19.
Before visiting your local DriveTest Centre, please read the following updates and FAQ’s to learn more about available services Phase 1. Information will be updated as we progress from one phase to the next.
1. Phases of Reopening
2. Available Services
3. DriveTest Locations Open for Service and Hours of Operation
4. Availability of Inside Services and Service Restriction Schedule by Birth Month
5. COVID-19 Preventative Measures
6. G, M and Commercial Class Road Tests
7. Out of Province and Out of Country Licence Exchanges
8. Foreign Driver’s Licences Exchanges (No Exchange Agreement)
9. G and M Driver’s Licences Expired Over One and Under Three Years as of March 1, 2020
10. G and M Driver’s Licences Just Expired Over Three Years as of March 1, 2020
11. G and M Driver’s Licences Just Expired Over Ten Years as of March 1, 2020
12. Validity of Identification Documents
13. Validity of Medical Reports
14. Wait Times
15. Part-Time DriveTest Centres (Travel Points)
1. Phases of Reopening
DriveTest will begin to gradually offer driver testing services across the province. Driver Examination services will be reintroduced in three phases until full services are restored this fall. The gradual approach will ensure that strict protocols are in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Applications for G and M Class driver’s licences (knowledge tests)
- Driver’s licence exchanges
- Commercial driver’s licence upgrades and renewals (A, B, C, D, E, F, Z)
- New Entrant Education and Evaluation Program (NEEEP)/Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration (CVOR) testing
- Commercial class road testing at 28 select locations:
Barrie, Belleville, Brampton, Brantford, Burlington, Chatham, Clinton, Cornwall, Downsview, Guelph, Hamilton, Hawkesbury, Kitchener, Kingston, Lindsay, London, Newmarket, Oshawa, Orangeville, Orillia, Ottawa Walkley, Peterborough, Sault Ste Marie, St. Catharines, Simcoe, Sudbury, Thunder Bay and Timmins.
Inside Services: Full resumption
Road Testing at all locations:
- Commercial class road testing
- G2 road testing (to obtain a G2 licence)
- M2 road testing (to obtain an M2 licence)
- M road testing (to obtain an M licence)
Full resumption of services at all DriveTest Centres and Travel Point locations